my aunt and grandma (who everyone calls Nanny) just left a few minutes ago. whew. i love them, but so much "family time" wears me down. but it was a nice little memorial day get together anyway:
- i've been having the most awesome BBQ sammiches all day long. i'm convinced, though, that nanny somehow slipped some laxatives in it when she was making it. ugh.
- davey had a brief bout of illness. he was bouncing around and hyperactive one minute, then the next he was curled up on the floor in the fetal position with a fever of near 101. two hours later, he was back to bouncing around again. wish my illnesses were as brief.
- i fought the chocolate cake and the chocolate cake won.
- had 7 people crammed into a tiny living room playing the 20Q electronic handheld game.
- had to make up new and exiting excuses to slip outside to have a cigarette so nanny wouldn't catch on that any of us smoke. at one point my brother said "well, time to go mow the lawn," and i followed with, "i guess i'll do the weedeating." it was raining at the time.
- my brother and i astounded the rest of the family with our utter stupidity when we confessed that we thought that an emu was some type of llama. we be SMART.