- The family and I are going to the beach in a couple days. And I plan to have a splendid time and drink at every restaurant we eat at. Because vacation.
- When we get home from vacation, we are finally getting a cat. A CAT! HOLY HELL YESSSSS. SO MUCH FUZZY ADORABLES, I JUST CANNOT WAIT.
- My house is cleaner than it's ever been. So once we adopt said cat, there will now be zero chance of losing it amidst our rubbish. (Listen to me. Rubbish. That sounds so fancy and British).
- My hip pain is gone. I can RUN. I can DANCE. But right now I choose to laze on the sofa.
- My son's arthritis pain is finally under control. A kid his age should not have to live with constant pain. So, now HE can RUN. And DANCE. But right now he chooses to sit in front of his computer all day. Like mother, like son. Pfft.
- Badass air conditioning in the living room. It is the middle of summer and my toes are numb. I approve.
- Finally doing something about building actual credit. I am starting to suspect that I may, actually, be a grown-up. Possibly.
- My aunt's cancer has shrunk. I have no cutesy smartass comment to add to this, just genuine happiness. I love her and want her to stick around. And now it appears she will.
- My parents are healthy and awesome.
- My kids are healthy and awesome.
- My Charlie is healthy and awesome. Really awesome. How he deals with my moody self every damn day is beyond me. But he's done it for 9 1/2 years with no visible signs of being completely sick of me yet (keeping fingers crossed), so thank you, Cha Cha, I love you. I know I'm a pain in the ass, but we both are. Remember that.
- This is the first time I've written something in a long while that isn't depressing or drunken incoherent babbling. I'm writing this SOBER. Point for Jenny!
Thoughts, Nonsense, Neurosis, Boom
Thursday, July 30, 2015
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Sometimes I'm drunk and feel things that shouldn't be real. I'm okay with that. I own a fragile human brain. Maybe it doesn't work the way it should. Maybe it does. I don't know what's real at the moment. I know I feel very good and feel things deeply. I know that once I read this sober, I will be bewildered and possibly embarrassed. Fuck sober Jenny. I know everything. I'm completely powerless, but I know. I feel like I've tapped into some sort of collective consciousness. I don't want to sober up and laugh off my naivety.