Thoughts, Nonsense, Neurosis, Boom

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

amish nightmare

my nightmares usually involve something like killers, men with machetes, the end of the world. i'll wake up sweating, out of breath and disoriented. well, i had a nightmare last night, and it had the same effect on me, yet it was about supermarkets and an amish dude...

:: jenny's dream sequence ::

i was working at a supermarket...cleaning the floors. i didn't like it (big surprise there). i went home, then the next day, i got a phone call. i could hardly understand the person on the other end, so for some reason i just assumed it was someone from the supermarket calling me in to work. i was like, "sure, ok." a little bit later, an amish dude came up to the house. apparently he had sold me a car the day before (HA, an amish car salesman, gawd) and he said that it was in the contract that since he sold the car to me, i had to marry him. we were standing in the front yard talking. i was trying to back slowly into the house so i could run in and lock the door. i was trying to tell him that's not the way things work, and i would just sell him the car back in that case, and he was like, "no, no, my mother has it all arranged."

:: end of dream sequence ::


at this point (5am), davey ran into my room with a bloody nose. as unpleasant as that is, i felt relieved. my son may be bleeding profusely from the face, but at least i don't have to marry some random amish dude in exchange for a car.

No comments: