Thoughts, Nonsense, Neurosis, Boom

Friday, August 06, 2021

List: Reasons why Jenny is losing her damn mind

  • I stopped drinking (more or less). I've had exactly one beer in the span of seven weeks. I had basically been drinking to self medicate my depression, so now I'm just stuck... dealing with it. Unfortunately, so is everyone around me. 
  • I just ended a 15 year relationship, which has basically been most of my adult life. It's the right decision, but it's hard thinking about the aftereffects and what the future's going to be like. We're also still going to be living together for quite awhile until we get everything sorted out, so...yeah.
  • I might be going through early perimenopause. I dunno, I've been having pretty big mood swings and what might be small hot flashes, and it's around the age mom started going through it.
  • I'm at long last trying to finalize a divorce that should've happened 18 years ago and realizing how much of a mess I am at an age when I should have my shit together.
  • There are adorable hyperactive kittens getting into everything in my house. 
  • (there are more reasons, but I think I've unpacked enough for now, thank you) 

No comments: