Thoughts, Nonsense, Neurosis, Boom

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Two Movies and My Sober Opinions.

I haven't been drinking. The past many times I've blogged, I haven't been sober, so this feels strange. I watched two movies tonight and now it's 3:30am and I am not tired. I'm not anything. Possibly a little down. Maybe it was the movies?

I finally decided to watch Human Centipede. I had this feeling I wouldn't like it, and it had been sitting un-watched in my Netflix queue for over a year. I have no problem with horror and disturbing movies, I love them actually. I think I was hoping for more with this movie but somehow knew I wasn't going to get it. But a girl can hope. Anyhow, Charlie was working night shift so I decided to get it over with, because I had to watch it. Much like with a train wreck, I couldn't help myself. I was curious.

It was terrible. I couldn't stand any of the characters. I couldn't root for the victims because they were terribly irritating and dull. I couldn't side with the crazy doctor because his character lacked any hint of depth. He was weird, yeah. Had the creepy look down alright, but beyond that he was nothing. I couldn't even laugh at this movie, it wasn't even, "so bad it was good." If they couldn't have made it more disturbing, the least they could have done was make it corny or funny. This movie offered nothing, I wasn't shocked or disturbed in the least. I was bored as fuck.

Next movie, I Am Dina. Great movie, albeit a bit depressing. I love the main character, though. Dina. Crazy and wild and broken. Strong and vulnerable. This character was all depth. Of course, it had Christopher Eccleston in it as well, and I am a rabid fan of his, so that could only help it. For some reason, any time I see him even almost smile, my eyes water a little. Le sigh.

No comments: