Thoughts, Nonsense, Neurosis, Boom

Saturday, April 25, 2009

my fitness


or as i say it, "mah fitneth." so i'm starting on my new year's resolution a little late. i signed up for netflix and rented Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred because i'm going to Virginia Beach for a weekend in June without the kids and DAMMIT, i want to be at least a size smaller. my goal is to lose all the extra weight by the end of the year and i think maybe this time i can do it. as long as i don't get pregnant again (i'm done with all that forever) and don't have to have any other form of surgery, that is.

it's a 20 minute workout. i thought 20 minutes can't kill me, even if it is jillian (from Biggest Loser), so i hauled my chunky ass down to the basement with my laptop and the DVD and got to it. FUUUUUUUCK. the first day was so uncool. i mean, i know it's for my own good, but OW! i'm very out of shape. my entire body shook and ached, my head hurt and i felt like throwing up. i had to lie down for an hour after, and then coming down the stairs was a bitch. the tops of my legs hurt very bad. i had to go out for a walk just to loosen them up so i wasn't in constant pain.

i did it again this morning (today is only day 2) and i had a shorter recovery time afterword (maybe 5 minutes) and my head didn't ache at all (although my legs have not really stopped hurting since yesterday afternoon). there is a lot of jumping (jumping jacks, jumping imaginary rope, running in place) and gravity and i are mortal enemies, so yeah, it's damn hard. but...i can do this.

my next update on the situation will either come after i've lost 20 lbs (BOOOOOM) or when i've given up completely (PSHHHHH). so stick around...

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

BOOOOOOM! You Can Do It!

I believe you can lose the extra weight if you stick to your plan (which seems to be working good) Stay with it and I'll support you and help you, because as you know I Love You.